So you’ve chosen the venue, you’re in the throws of planning all of those special details and you’re spending endless hours dreaming of your perfect wedding day. The countdown has well and truly begun to what should be one of the most memorable days of your life. But when it’s all over, as well as your cherished memories, you want to have photographs that bring back all of the emotion of your big day.
So choosing the right wedding photographer for you, is one of the important decisions you need to make. Here’s a few pointers to help you in your mission to find your perfect wedding photographer;
- Don’t just base your decision on price, look at the type of look that you want for your photographs. All photographers will have their own style, colour palettes and energy – make a shortlist of those whose portfolio reflect how you want your day to be captured.
- As your wedding photographer will be such a big part of your day, you need to make sure you feel comfortable with them, so it’s always a good idea to meet up beforehand for a coffee or even at your venue. Your photographer should be able to talk you through how they work and put you at ease about being in front of the camera.
- You might even want to think about having a couple shoot before your big day, as not only is it another great way for you both to get to know your photographer a little better, but it will give you an idea how those all important portrait shots will be captured on your wedding day.
- Make sure you ask to see an example of a full wedding gallery, you don’t want to book a photographer whose portfolio is based on just a few lucky shots.
- Don’t worry if the photographer you want to book has never shot a wedding before at your venue. A professional photographer is skilled in being able to spot those picture perfect locations and new angles to make your photos as unique as you are.
- Check that when you receive all of the images from your wedding that the photographer doesn’t place any restrictions on how you can use them. You want to be able to share them with family and friends, print them and even turn them into pieces of artwork if you want!
Finally, don’t forget that the most important thing for you to do on your wedding day is to relax and enjoy every minute of it! And trust in your wedding photographer to capture all of those treasured moments that you will want to look back on again and again. Good luck in your search!